The Human Resource Generalist provides administrative support to the human resource manager as needed including record keeping, file maintenance, employee relations and general Human Resource activities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates, schedules and coordinates WebEx and/or onsite interviews and responds with follow up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and e-verify and maintains that they are current.
- Prepares new hire files, and maintains employee filing system.
- Submits the online background checks and assist with onboarding of new hires.
- Assist with preparing employee separation notices and related documentation.
- Ensures that employee data is correctly entered into the company record keeping systems (T&A, LMS, HRIS, PE) and databases and into the PEO company system.
- Assist in reviewing employee time sheets and PTO open requests in preparation to submit payroll export file to PEO.
- Assist with medical, STD/LTD, FMLA, WC claims processes for PEO to administer properly.
- Ensure employee on leave benefit premium payments are sent to HS1
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Complies with and/or adheres to company HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, other federal, state, and local standards, and company attendance policies and procedures.
- Ability to come to work and work the regular schedule and shift for the position.
- Compliance with all personnel policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties and related essential duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or (GED) and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.