IS System Support Specialist
Provides advanced technical support to the Organizations' computer equipment and users by performing the following duties:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice-mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies
- Handles problem recognition, research, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff
- Logs and tracks all issues using ticket tracking system
- Assists in software and hardware upgrades and new installation
- Install/Configures personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment
- Serves as an escalation point to our IS Support Specalist I
- Install/Configures/Maintains VOIP equipment
- Maintains equipment inventory
- Assist in maintaining the IT Server Room and closets
- Assist in maintaining the departments knowledge base and additional documentation
- Assist in maintaining server downtime by performing pro-active server maintanance tasks
- Train users on software/hardware
- Develop and recommend cost effective technical support improvements
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, other federal, state, and local standards, and company attendance policies and procedures.
- Ability to come to work and work the regular schedule and shift for the position.
- Compliance with all personnel policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties and related essential duties as assigned.